Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some music and a little trivia

I must say that when I first heard Il Divo, I didn't like them at all. There are still some songs that I don't like, but then again, there are some that I do, and this is one of them. It's entitled "Isabel" and as far as I can tell, the song is in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish and all of my efforts to find a translation for the song have failed so if you do understand Spanish and they're saying something they shouldn't, then sorry, I didn't know. If you can tell me what the song is saying, then that would be great, I'm curious. I like the voices of the last two guys to come in, especial the fourth guy.

Here's a question perhaps you guys can help me with-

1. for all of those musically inclined and wise, why do the two guys in the center switch places?

and second, here is a little trivia question for you to mull over. I'm sorry, but I can't offer anything like a CD or a lollipop for a correct answer; this is more for your own musical edification. The question is:

What classical song did Il Divo rip off to make "Isabel"? Yes, the main melody is a classical song (a pretty one at that-one of my favorites). I'm looking for the name of the piece and the composer- it will take both to get the answer right! I will post the answer on Friday, Nov. 16th. Happy listening!!

Please see the above post to see the clip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My GUESS would be that they switched places because they may have switched vocal parts.

Strings said...

i didn't think of that-but it's a good idea. I wondered too if it was so they could hear another part better

Allen Mowery said...

Dang! You like Il Divo too, at least to some degree? Alyse and I love them!

Sorry, I just love finding other sophisticated individuals in central PA.