Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful

I have a lot to be thankful for, but just recently, I was reminded again of God's goodness and I want to thank Him. Last Tuesday night I was driving down to PV for my night class and on the way there while traversing a notorious mountain I hit a deer. There was oncoming traffic and other deer on my side of the road-there was no where I could go. I' m thankful that the deer didn't come through the window. The way I hit her, the doe was actually thrown straight ahead of me and away from the car. I'm thankful that I had a place to pull over on the side of the road. Most of you will know of what mountain I speak of and understand that there isn't always available room to pull off. I'm thankful that a lady pulled over and was kind helpful enough to let me use her cell phone because I didn't have mine with me. I'm thankful that a friend of the family came out to get me and took care of having my car flat bedded back to SC since I couldn't reach my dad. And I'm thankful that despite a busted radiator and shaken nerves, I was able to walk in my front door, alive and well. I have a lot to be thankful and I just want to thank God for His protection. Though the accident happened, when I look back through the events, I could have been SO much worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you did not run into a dear. :)

Strings said...

That's a rare species to spot, much less run in to! :-)