Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Christmas List-another self-tag post

1 Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. Just make sure that if you use a gift bag, that it is the correct size for the gift-not to small, and not to big-so the person doesn't rummage around wondering if there is anything else there :-)
2. Real tree or Artificial? I like real...my cat probably would too come to think of it...
3. When do you put up the tree? Shortly after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? A little after New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Yea, but its not something that I would drink in copious quantities
6. Favorite gift received as a child? video games or books, or anything that I had really wanted that year
7. Hardest person to buy for? Mom-she already has everything
8. Easiest person to buy for? Me...j/k, probably Dad.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I know the one that I would like to get someday
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail. There's something about opening the mailbox and realizing that someone remembered you and took time and a little bit of money to personally sign a card.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? clothes that I didn't like
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'd like to say that I look all year round, but most of the time, it ends up being late november, and all of December up until the 24th when I hear the 'Good evening _________ Shoppers. Your local ________ will be closing so that our employees can enjoy Christmas with their families. We will reopen......" You get the idea.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not in the sense of re-wrapping it the next Christmas, but I have given a few things away to people that I just wouldn't have used.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? ooooooo, no contest there: SEAFOOD!!!!!!! Crab, lobster, scallops...bring it on, baby!!!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! different colors or all blue or all white
17. Favorite Christmas song? oh man, too many to choose. My all time fav would probably be 'Carol of the Bells'. Next up is 'O Come O Come Emmanuel" and many, many others! BTW-I listen to Christmas music ALL year long!!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? mostly stay at home. I go over to Mom's when I wake up :-)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I think we've had both. I would probably switch it around year by year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Usually one on Christmas eve, usually a nightgown or something like that.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Black Friday. There was a man trampled to death in New York when a mob ran in to grab themselves all those sales. They then complained when they had to evacuate the store because of the employees' death. Go ahead....tell his family Merry Christmas this year....Sorry for the morbidness, but that story made me mad.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Blue/Silver. but i like variety too. I probably wouldn't do Blue and silver every year
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? see question 15
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a cello!

As always, if you see this and want to do it, then consider yourself tagged!

No comments: